Fill out a form for planning wise. Then you will be redirected to products page. Select the type of development / application, customise it and add to your basket.
Once on your basket you will be able to see all the selected products and totals, request a call back regards your basket or place order and proceed to checkout page.
Once you are happy to proceed with your order we will send you a confirmation email with your order details. You can manage your orders and personal information on "My Account" section.

If you still have problems, please let us know, by sending an email to info@drawingandplanning.com

Drawing and Planning

Explore our smart quotation system and add products that suites your proposed development/application.



Do I need Planning Permission for External Walls?

External Walls Planning Permission

New rules covering whether or not you can extend or add to your home without having to apply for conservatory planning permission for a conservatory came into force on 1 October 2008.

The New limits and conditions for what is allowed without the need for planning permission apply largely to the dimensions of the proposed addition, its position on the house and its proximity to your boundaries.

“Conservatories forward of the principal elevation or side elevation of the original house and fronting a highway are NOT permitted development.” Consequently, only side and rear conservatories are considered allowed development, forbidding the erection of conservatories beyond the front threshold of your house facing the road.

If you would like to make changes to Boundary Fences, Gates or Walls Click Here

Listed building

However, if you live in a listed building, you will require listed building consent before carrying out any significant works whether internal or external. We urge you not to carry out any works without enquiring whether you are permitted to do so. It is a criminal offence to alter a listed building without obtaining the appropriate consent.

Conservation Area

If your property is in a conservation area or Designated Land, you will need to apply for planning permission before cladding the outside of your house with stone, artificial stone, pebble dash, render, timber, plastic or tiles.

Contact Drawing and Planning

If You Are Still Unsure Whether You Require Planning Permission, Call Us On 0208 202 3665 For a FREE Consultation With One Of Our Expert Consultants

Do I need planning permission for external walls, is both a great and sensible question to ask before erecting or altering an external wall of any kind. There is no need to have to apply for planning permission if you are going to be repairing, maintaining, or doing some minor paint work to your external walls.

If the area where the walls exist are a part of a listed building, you will need to obtain consent to do any extensive works on the external walls surrounding your property. External walls planning permission will need to be obtained if you reside in a conservation area. If stone, pebble, timber, tiles, or artificial stone is going to be used along the outer surface of your home, you will need permission for these tasks.

If you are going to be replacing external walls, regardless if your home is listed or not, you will need to abide by all building regulations. If you wish to insert insulation into a cavity on the wall, than it is important that you meet the requirements set forth by the building regulators. External walls planning permission is not required for walls that are made from timber or masonry structures.